- September 10, 2021
- Comments Off on Landscaping Ideas to Create an Enchanting Outdoor Space
Do you love being outside? If so, creating an enchanting outdoor space is important. Creating an outdoor space can include plants, hardscape items like patios and fences, plants, and even decorative pieces like fire pits and water features. Decorating your outdoor space doesn’t have to cost a lot or take too much time.
Below are some great landscaping ideas to help create one of the most enchanting outdoor spaces possible:
- Visit your local nursery or home improvement store to find plants in various sizes and colors for your yard. Local nurseries often carry affordable annuals with low maintenance needs, while home improvement stores offer expensive perennials in need of more care.
- Use a variety of different patio styles to provide visual interest and appeal. For example, try casual, contemporary or Victorian patio styles to add character to your outdoor space.
- Add fencing for privacy from neighbors or just to create a fun living environment where you can relax with family and friends. Try a wooden fence for a classic look that is also low maintenance. To get the most bang for your buck, avoid standard masonry fences that require constant upkeep.
- Using flowers in planters brings color into your yard while requiring minimal effort on this part this part of creating an enchanting outdoor space . Fill large planters with colorful annuals – some great options are petunias and impatiens. Be sure the planters are large enough so the flowers have room to grow.
- A water feature can not only look great but also create a calming and pleasant atmosphere. You could use an aquarium, small pond or even a simple water feature like a bird bath. Small rocks and statues should be used for decoration and safety benefits should be considered before using any kind of water feature in your yard.
- Make your outdoor space pop with different iron decor such as patio furniture or railings on fences. Beautiful ornamental pieces like this really make the most out of an enchanting outdoor space . To save money, consider shopping at consignment stores to find one of a kind items that won’t cost over $50. – The right lighting is essential when you want to create an outdoor space that is used late at night. Try installing lighting under your deck and around your patio to save money. For the best effect, choose LED lights as they provide more illumination than standard bulbs and use less energy overall.
- If you’d like some privacy from neighbors, consider planting bamboo or hedging as a natural border. These plants easily grow through quick spreading root systems and can provide some privacy depending on plant height. Just be sure to avoid privet hedges as these contain toxic chemical sap.
- Try using artificial turf instead of grass for those who don’t want to put too much effort into creating an enchanting outdoor space . Artificial turf is low maintenance and requires minimal upkeep such as watering and weeding depending on the types of vegetation you use.
- Outdoor furniture is essential to creating an enchanting outdoor space . Make sure your seating options are comfortable and suit the environment you’re trying to create.